A person should leave our church in better condition than when they came.
St Jude’s takes seriously the safety of all who participate in our services, ministries and events. Our Risk Management Committee and Parish Council regularly review:
- Risk Management procedures in the areas of WHS;
- Fire and Disaster Evacuation procedures;
- Food preparation and delivery;
- Safety of children and vulnerable people and the safety of all those who participate in ministry of our church.
Risk Management Committee: include members who are, or have been, WHS officers in their professional workplaces, involved in event management or taught OHS for those involved in the ministry of the church.
Positive Blue cards: All governance leaders in our church, as well as other leaders and team members involved in ministry to children under the age of 18 years, hold approved Positive Blue Cards with Public Safety Business Agency.
Insurance: we insure our Parish through the Diocesan Insurance policies that cover those who hold leadership and ministry roles in our church as well as those who attend services and participate in the different events and activities of our church.
Audit: St Jude’s is regularly audited for its Risk Management implementation of the Diocesan protocols and procedures.
Archbishop’s Statement of Commitment and Safe Ministry Policy Statement: St Jude’s has adopted the Anglican Church of Southern Queensland’s Archbishop’s Statement of Commitment and Safe Ministry Policy Statement:
The Anglican Church of Australia is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual welfare and safety of all people, particularly within its own community. The Church will:
- Carefully recruit and train its clergy and church workers;
- Adopt and encourage safe ministry practices by its clergy and lay church workers;
- Respond promptly to each concern raised about the behaviour of its clergy and lay church workers;
- Offer pastoral support to any person who has suffered abuse;
- Provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person who has been accused of abuse; and
- Provide pastoral support to and supervision of any person known to have abused a child or another vulnerable person.
Statement of Commitment: St Jude’s is committed to implementing the Archbishop’s Statement of Commitment dated 16th December 2016:
Information for Parents and Carers
The Anglican Diocese of Brisbane is committed to striving to provide a safe and supportive environment for children and young people in all its ministries.
The Diocese has implemented a child protection “Risk Management Strategy for child and youth ministries in the Anglican Diocese of Brisbane” to assist in protecting children and other vulnerable people from harm in the Church. The Strategy helps ensure that the Diocese’s ministries are safe and supportive environments by providing strategies to identify and minimise potential risks. Screening lay employees and volunteers through the Commission for Children and Young People’s blue card system is an integral part of our Plan.
The Risk Management Strategy addresses the following elements:
- A Child Protection Risk Management Strategy Statement of Commitment.
- A Code of Conduct for clergy and lay Church workers interacting with children and young people
- A Safe Ministry Check, which provides procedures for recruiting, screening, selecting and supervising lay Church workers.
- A Protocol for Dealing with Complaints, which provides clear and mandatory procedures for managing complaints and information regarding sexual misconduct by clergy and lay Church workers.
- Procedures for addressing breaches of the Risk Management Plan:
- Procedures for ensuring the proper implementation of this Plan and regularly reviewing its contents.
- Maintenance of a register for all lay Church workers who hold blue cards.
- A specific Risk Management Plan for high-risk activities and special events.
- A strategy for communicating the Plan to parents and carers of children who participate in all ministries in the Diocese.
- Risk Management documents”:
- RMS_Policy Risk Management Strategy (Dec 2016)-web
- RMS_Procedure Reporting and Managing Breaches (Dec 2016)
- SMtoC – Code-of-Conduct-for-Ministry-to-Children-within-ACSQ
- Safe Min to child – bulletin -2017-12 No 1
- Policy & Procedure for Protection of children
- Protocol for Dealing with Sexual Misconduct (2)
- Clergy Complaints & Performance Protocol
Copies of the documents in bold are available for downloading from the Diocesan website : www.anglicanbrisbane.org.au